Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Post

Well this is my first post. A brief note about myself. I am forty-seven soon to be forty-eight. I work thirty hours a week for a reasonable wage and studying full time for a Bachelors Degree in History with an online college. I am married with no children, but even without children to worry about I often wonder how to balance the life I have in terms of time and I have to say it is not always easy. Friends and family make plans for an evening here and weekend there. Sometimes I feel the cries of "But I have two papers and five posts planned for Saturday", carry no weight in family life.

I have been working away at my degree for eight months now. That puts me just short of the halfway point. It has been three years since I first went back to school. Being from England and a new immigrant to the United States, the Community College system was a maze for me, thankfully after seventeen months I graduated with my Associates degree in Social Sciences last December. How I wish I could have done a major in my first love History, but was told by a counsellor, "You already have too much history in your courses." Too Much! How can one have too much history?

As a final word, it would be nice if this blog might inspire people to return to education for whatever their personal reasons, self improvement, better job, to inspire their children. I have already met many people who have gone to college as adults. They have inspired me to continue in my education as I hope this blog might inspire others.

No comments:

Post a Comment