Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2009

In the Doldrums

It is the end of week five of a pair of eight week courses. This is to my mind the toughest week. It always seem at this time my energy levels fall and the end of the courses look as far away as ever. To make it worse it is all up hill to the end.

Midterms are done and grades are almost back. One class was an 'A' grade so looks nice. The other was a four essay exam. Fine for me, but my poor teacher, four essays of twenty odd students. I don't blame him for taking time to post the results!

The bad part of the uphill bit is not that final exams are just over two weeks away, 17 days, 408 hours or 24,480 minutes. You get the drift! But NO! before that comes the dreaded Term Paper or Research Paper.

OK at this point I have the books and an idea for the subjects. I have an idea for the thesis and that has been cleared by my instructors. The bad part is the first crisp white screen which will stare at me as I gaze at the tree in the yard and I think. "Where do I even start? I have ten pages to write." Ten pages; 250 words a page; 2,500 words to impress my instructor. "Oh! Why do I do this to myself?"

No comments:

Post a Comment